14 May 2013

End of day one

Have spent an interesting and productive day with Fiona Nesbit (http://shropshireweavers.co.uk/) and another student, Dawn. We examined a couple of my fleeces and learned about the mechanics and care of our spinning wheels and did some worsted spinning and some plying, as well as getting in a bit of practice with drop spindles. After Dawn left, Fiona and I sorted my Teeswater fleece but decided the Balwen was too felted to be any use, so that'll end up on her compost heap.

When I got back to Audlem, I walked a short way along the canal to the supermarket.


This board was displayed at the side of the towpath:


It was raining heavily, so I didn't hang around........

My photo of Audlem church failed to materialise in my last post, so Iam trying again.......



 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment