11 May 2013

Back again briefly.......

Unfortunately, other things have come between me and my Blog since my last entry: I was afraid this would happen.....but, onwards and upwards! 😊

According to the authors, my mobile App should now function as it was meant to.....I am about to find out, with the image that upset everything last time:


So.......it does 😊 However, it's rather out of date now as it's over a week since I spotted this pair of Swallows and earlier on, over the BH weekend, lots could be seen and heard swooping over our garden.

Back to Portmeirion and my holiday in North Wales - which seems a long time ago now.



 

These two images were taken from the hotel frontage looking south over the Dwyryd estuary. The view make you want to just stand and look and look......




The two above were taken on the coastal walk from the village.


The walk leads you through woodlands as well as along the coast....


........and on the way, you come across tree stumps studded with coins. We found them elsewhere outside Portmeirion and haven't discovered what they are about yet.....any suggestions, anyone?



 

I have many other images of the villages which I may return to in time. Meanwhile.....

This week I am off to Shropshire on Monday to do three days of hand-spinning with Fiona Nesbit. This will hopefully see my collection of fleeces sorted, my understanding improve of how a spinning wheel works and generally result in an improvement of my technique and skills level. The immediate consequence of this is that I need to go and sort a great deal of stuff out and see how much of it will fit into my car, together with two spinning wheels, of course.

I attended my first Board meeting as a Director of the Knitting and Crochet Guild on Wednesday, so now I have lots of documents to not lose, so it's time to clear space in the filing cabinet......

There is more I could write about but I will leave it for now and get on with the above for a bit, hoping I get back before too long has elapsed.......


 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment