15 May 2013

Another busy day.....

Most of today has been taken up with learning how to card fleece properly for the wool spinning process. It makes a huge difference to the outcome when you are working with a correctly-prepared rolag. The rest of the time was spent trying to get a smoothly-spun wool yarn and, in my case trying to get to get used to my Lace Flyer.......


.....it turns so much faster than the standard one and it took a lot of setting up as well. I will now be able to spin lace-weight yarn (in theory) but in practice, it's going to mean an lots of time spent trying to get the technique right....

Tomorrow will be devoted to worsted preparation and spinning, sorting the rest of my fleeces and being shown how to warp up my Handknitter's Loom.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment