10 August 2013

Taking stock.

I knew it was quite some time since I had managed to write anything on here but even so, I am quite surprised to realise that the last post was in June.....that was before holidays and things. In the interim, I have been to Majorca, Yorkshire, Derby, Kent and Have just returned from Shetland and in between, visited Tewkesbury, enjoyed a neighbour's party and made several visits to attend to the important task of being a Grandma... :)

I see that I don't seem to have put any of my pictures of Portmeirion on here either: this I will remedy forthwith..


This is a general view of the central area.


Down at ground level in that part.


A different angle......


Looking out across the Estuary.


This is a small corner with a cafe and courtyard. Everything is very colourful in Portmeirion...and, as well as walking out in the open there are paths that lead though arches....


....which extends the feeling of variety of space and architecture. 

Portmeirion is an extraordinary place and well worth a visit. Have a look at http://www.portmeirion-village.com/ for some more information and meanwhile, next time, I will post more pictures....
 


No comments:

Post a Comment